Monday, July 27, 2009

WE ARE ENGAGED!!!!!

Let me just say that this past week has been the best week of my life!! :) Kyle and I went down to Fl. on Saturday morning, we left the house around 4:00 a.m.! My parents were going to come down around 3:00 later on that day. On our way down we took our time and stopped and ate breakfast at Panera Bread, we had bagels and coffee and were able to sit outside beside a fountain... we stopped at in a very good part of Alabama! Our ride down went by very quickly and we had a lot of fun talking and joking around. I LOVE road trips with Kyle... its kinda weird to say but he kinda reminds me of my dad bc he used to always keep us entertained and now Kyle keeps me entertained while we are on the road; I discovered that Kyle makes a hilarious gay guy... lol!! When we arrived in Fl. we grabbed lunch at Whataburger, we were starving!!! At the house we unpacked the car and instead of going to the beach right away like you would expect us to do we passed out for like 2 1/2 hours, we intended on sleeping for only 30 minutes ,but whatever! :) When we got up it was around 5:00 so we got our swim suits on and went to the beach... this is where the MAGIC happened. We sat in our chairs for a while until Kyle said that he was going to go get his coke in the car and I was like alright. When he came back down he didn't have the coke... he said it was to hot so he threw it out. We took a walk down the beach and on the way back we were videoing and he asked me to video the sunset, so I turned around to video it and when I turned back around he had a piece of paper out. He read me a letter that he had written me ( it was EXTREMELY sweet and I will be getting it framed!), when he was finished he got down on one knee and asked me, Laura Jean Gammon, to marry him!!! I think we all know my answer.... I said of course I will!!! :) We celebrated for a few minutes by hugging, kissing, crying, and he picked me up. We also took pictures and had someone take our picture, I called my parents first and then my grandparents and friends. The only person that made me cry was my Granny... she was so proud and happy for us. I was so anxious for my parents to get there I could hardly wait!! We went out to TGIF to eat, went to Walmart to buy a water camera and by the time we got home my parents showed up shortly after that!! They were all VERY EXCITED and the rest is history!! We had a blast... I will write about our vacation in a separate blog. :)

1 comments:

Adrian said...

Beautiful story! I do agree about not posting the video...keep that special moment for yourselves :) Although, I would like to see my sweet bro cry, lol!

Can't wait to celebrate with you as you both begin this very special journey that God has orchestrated.
I couldn't ask for a more beautiful sis-in-love...both inside and out!