Friday, July 3, 2009

Remembering Dustan... :)






This past Sunday was the One Year Anniversary of my sweet cousin Dustan passing away. Its so hard to believe that he is really not here and that he has been gone for a year. I know its probably not healthy, but I tend to trick myself into thinking that he is just away for college or something. The memories are still so fresh in my mind the day that he passed, but instead of dwelling on those I try to think of all the positive things that we were able to share together the 18 years that he was here. My uncle and aunt put together a beautiful ceremony on Sunday for him, tons of people came out to show their support! We were all given red balloons and we attached a special note to him on our balloon. After that a guy from UT played Dustan's trumpet, it was given to him from my uncle after Dustan passed. Dustan always wanted to play in the marching band there and his friend was there on scholarship playing for the band, so they gave the trumpet to him! :) He played How Great Thou Art and it was so beautiful! After that we had someone sing Our Hero, it was also one of his friends and he had sung this to Dustan when they graduated High School. My uncle Kenny read Dustans last journal entry, which was the hardest part for me and my cousin read a poem that he wrote and my aunt gave a little speech! It was a very nice day and I wouldn't have missed it for the world! :)

0 comments: