Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hospital Days...

These first two pictures are when he first had to be in the hospital


Nick and Anna playing soccer

Kyle and I enjoying this nice Spring weather!

This is Da playing with his phone... such a encouraging sight to see! :)

My grandfather has been in the hospital for a straight week and in and out of the hospital since Christmas day. Whenever I have a free day I go down to sit with my grandmother to keep her company. My Da is recovering beautifully from his surgery, but still needs lots of prayer.
This weekend my Da's mom and two sisters came into town from California. We have had so much fun being with everyone. Friday night we welcomed the California family to Nashville with a southern meal. Mom and I made barbecue, cowboy beans, and coleslaw. After we ate we went to the hospital so they could see my Da for the first time in years. It was such a sweet time that I will always hold dear to my heart. Da asked us to all hold hands around him then he shared how he feels about all of us... lets just say there wasn't a dry eye after that. Saturday we went to eat lunch at Rakkas in Hendersonville. After that we went to the hospital for a bit. Later that night my mom made a yummy meal and we played one of our favorite card game, spoons. It was a wonderful night full of laughs! Today was the first day that my Da looks like he is getting better. It was such a relief when we all came to visit him after church and he was playing on his phone. For those of you that dont know he is a HUGE tech buff, he loves to be on his computer, phone, TV, etc. We had another great meal... grilled steaks and then we spent most of the day outdoors. Tomorrow morning our Cali family leave to go home, I am so thankful they were able to come and visit my grandad. I think it might be just what he needed! :)
These are some posters that all of the family made for him.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see pics. of him feeling better. Let him know that others are thinking of him every day and that we are praying for a complete healing and recovery.