Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Eve




Kyle and I both had a wonderful Christmas weekend spent with ALL of our family! On Christmas Eve morning I woke up to finish some baking I started the day before. After Kyle and my brother woke up we all headed to Cracker Barrel to eat a yummy breakfast, when we got home it was time to get ready for our fun evening!
We have always spent Christmas Eve with my moms family so that is where we went first. The church that my mom and her brothers attended growing up is walking distance from my grandmothers house, so we were able to walk on over for the candle light service. It was so nice to all come together and really remember what we were all celebrating. The service was beautiful, we sang songs reminding us how precious our Savior is... its a night I will never forget, we are so blessed!
When we got back to my Grannys we ate then opened presents. The past few months the family had collected enough money to send my grandparents on a trip to see family we have in California!! We had so much fun, I always cherish the time I get to spend with my wonderful family!
After we were finished there we headed to Kyle's family to exchange gifts. We had fun seeing what each other got as we opened presents one by one. I also got to talk with his aunt, that is a chief, about cooking! We had a great time over there.
To wrap up the evening we went to my parents to stay the night... we all stayed up entirely to late! I personally think the most fun my family and Kyle had was making fun of my WAY to small PJ'S that my husband got me. :)
We had such a fun Christmas Eve and I wouldn't change a thing. We might have a few more stops to make then most people, but I consider that a blessing. Both my parents grew up with grandparents either far away or absent, so for Kyle and I to have all our family here is a major blessing that most people don't have.

0 comments: