Tuesday, June 9, 2009

22 year Anniversary!




This past Sunday was the 22nd year anniversary for my church! If you haven't noticed the anniversary year is almost the same age as I am... that is not coincidence! My dads family moved to Texas back in the day when my parents first got married and they moved there as well, not my moms idea. They were pastoring a fairly large church out there and had gotten their kids in the schools and if I remember the story correctly none of the 4 sons that they have liked it out there. Well my mom didn't like it either so mom and dad packed up and moved back home to TN. Shortly after they moved back they realized that mom was pregnant with me and when they told by grandmother she started secretly packing all of the families stuff so they could come back home. After my grandfather heard the news he was right on board and they left Texas immediately so they could be in Tn. during my moms pregnancy. They started a church in Nashville and they have stayed with the same church family for 22 years... we recently, 3 years ago, moved our church to a better location, but we still have a lot of the same people. Its so funny what grandparents will do for their grandchildren... and especially their first! I absolutely love my grandparents, they have taught me so much! They aren't just my grandparents but my spiritual leaders and while sometimes its hard to have grandparents as that role at the same time I would have it no other way... They want to see our whole family go to Heaven and they will never let any of us fall short. They will one day leave us with a legacy that my family will carry on! :)

1 comments:

Adrian said...

Beautiful story! When your parent's were talking about their anniversary on Memorial Day, I got to thinking...man, they had Laura quick, lol! What a wonderful blessing you were by bringing your family back together. God is good!