Saturday, May 2, 2009

Nicks Track Meet and Friends


My brother never ceases to amaze me, he is so talented in many ways. He runs cross country, which is his strong point and he also runs track. As of this week his time for 1 mile is 4:32 and it gets better and better! Amanda, Kyle and I headed out to his meet so we could get some photos and video coverage and while we were there he broke his record which is always good! :) He got a scholarship to Austin Peay for cross country and we are all so excited for him, but I have to admit I'm a little sad to! I am close with my brother and we are used to being together. I know he will have so much fun in college and will have a very different experience then I did. Some other talents that he has is playing the piano, guitar, drums, and bass... he taught himself how to play all of these which I think is so cool, I would love to play the piano! I have to say that I am a VERY PROUD big sister and I wish him all the luck in the world to be whatever he wants to be.  As he says "pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever!" 

Now that I'm finished with my bragging, lol i can move on. 

Kyle and I went to a cookout with some of our friends and we had so much fun! We laughed our heads off at some of the guys there, its always fun to hang around people that like to laugh.. its so refreshing! We brought our own meat and grilled our burgers on a charcoal grill and man were our burgers good!! Rachel and her husband provided everything else and she made the best baked beans I have ever eaten, she also had a variety of dips that were made with fresh produce, a cheese ball, some fruit, and homemade macaroni! After we all ate we played a game called partini and it was a lot like cranium which was a blast! After that we had fun playing guitar hero and then we headed on out so we could finish up our lesson for Sunday! :)

0 comments: