Monday, May 18, 2009

Graduation!!!











Well as most of you know my brother, Nick graduated from Station Camp High School on Friday night! They had the graduation at Long Hollow Church which is huge and there still was not enough seats!! Most of my family had to stand on the balcony without chairs!! :( This is the first graduation I have ever been to that was so professional... lol College Heights graduations were MUCH different! It was great and I was so proud of Nicholas, he has received a scholarship from Austin Peay for cross country and I am sure he will get the lottery scholarship as well because of his good grades! :) Friday night we went to Josh's house and then my family left and went to some other graduation parties. 


Saturday was our BIG party for Nick...  the set up was Amazing, my mom really out did herself!! That morning when I got home my mom and dad were up peeling potatoes and I jumped right in the action! My grandmother came over also to help and we got everything finished just in time! We had a potato bar, which is Nick's favorite. The way this worked is you would get a Margarita glass and fill it up with mashed potatoes and then put whatever kind of topping you wanted... we had cheese, bacon bits, broccoli and melted cheese, sour cream and a few other things. Then the next table had ribs, smoked chicken, real green beans with almond slices, bread with melted cheese inside. The appetizers were cheese and crackers, a beautiful fruit display, shrimp with cream cheese and crackers, and then a crab dip. The cake was made by Dawson's and I made Nick a cake... his request!:) 
The food was wonderful and I was so happy to see everyone all together!! We had a great time celebrating Nicks accomplishment! He got many cards and a laptop as his gifts.. he was very thankful for everyones support! After everyone left my parents crashed and Kyle, Nick, Amanda, and I stayed up to watch a movie! This weekend was a wonderful time of celebration! :) 

0 comments: