Monday, April 13, 2009

Memorial Garden






This past Saturday I went out to the VFW in Hendersonville which is for Veterans of Foreign Wars. In my Sociology class we had a choice to do a service learning project for extra credit and of course I jumped all over that! At the beginning of the semester we voted on ideas to do and this one won... so all semester we have been working on getting everything ready for the big day! I had called Young's Nursery here in town and they ended up donating half the flowers and trees that we needed, we also got a solider holding a flag and some really cool rocks and then some blue crystal rocks donated, we got a bench made for us, and we will have a memorial plaque made as well to put out front. 

I only was able to stay for an hour on Saturday to help plant the flowers because Kyles family was having a gathering for Easter. While I was there we had a lot of fun... it was a little harder then I thought it would be though. Trying to dig in the ground and finding out that there is gravel under there makes things more difficult. I cant wait to go back and take pictures of the finished product!! I'm sure it will look really nice! :) 

0 comments: