Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Google Earth

** This is The Forbidden City in Beijing China, It was home to 24 Emperors during the Ming and Quing dynasties. Today it is a public museum.



**This is Nijo Castle in the center of Kyoto, Japan. This was built in 1603 for the first Shogun, but unlike the others this was built to impress visitors. They have nightingale floors that squeak at the lightest pressure, this was used so they could be warned if someone was about to attack them.


**This one is Angkor Wat in Cambodia, Southeast Asia. Built during the early years of the 12th century and its symbolic of Hindu cosmology.


** Because of the tropical forest environment nature took over and it was forgotten for a few centuries and people that would travel through it would start legends of what this place could be, it wasnt until the French found it that the public knew what it really was... ever since they have been restoring it. (Angkor Wat)


For my geography class my teacher gave us an assignment to get on Google and download the free version of Google Earth. So a couple of nights ago I did my assignment and downloaded it on my computer...he had 3 coordinates to type in and we had to do research on all of them and write a compare and contrast paper. Although I was not thrilled about the assignment I did end up learning something and I "traveled" all around the world by using this program. If you have time you should download it and type in somewhere you have always wanted to go and it will take you right to it!!

Just thought I would share! :)

1 comments:

Kyle Gregory said...

These are some pretty cool places! Let's go the second one.