Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Looking Back....

Last week my family, Kyle and I all went to Florida (I will have a blog up soon about our time there) and now have been back for 5 days. Things have been busy, busy, busy which I love! The friday and saturday that I got back i was able to babysit Jack and Emily and as always we had so much fun. My sister usually always comes with me and they love her! I think it may be bc they can play more with her.... she is almost 11 but still a little girl at heart she will play and pretend as if she was 2 years old. haha but then she can turn around and hang out with me as if she is 21, plus she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL... she is pretty much perfect in my eyes! :)
Sunday was a interesting day I woke up and got ready for church as usual and then Kyle came to pick me up and during Sunday school I had left the room to give my mom the offering and roll of the class, while I was out there my grandmother looked pretty bad ,and I say that in a respectful way, I asked what was the matter and she said that my cousin Dustan and my aunt had to go home bc he wasn't feeling well. My heart sunk when she told me that, I went back to class and wrote Kyle a note to tell him what had happened... the whole time all i could think about was if he was ok. When class was over we went into the sanctuary and were told that as soon as church was over our whole family was all going over to Dustans to read scripture and pray. Even though my heart hurt for Dustan I was still able to worship.... it was actually one of the best worship services in a while. We all ended up marching around the church. I think we defiantly let the devil know that he is not going to win this fight for Dustans life!! He has the whole church fighting with him and hundreds of other people, some our family knows and some we dont.
After church we all went over to my familys house and sat in a circle, held hands and prayed. As soon as we did he automatically felt better! God is so good!! We had a great time eating lunch and just spending time with family. Hours later Kyle and I headed home to do some things for my parents and that night we ended up going over to Michael and Adrians house.
We all had a great time. We ate, played with Cole outside, took a walk and then came in to play some cards and eat dessert! While I was there I got a call from my mom saying that my uncle and cousin Dylan had to leave Church and go home bc Dustan was having the chills and problems breathing. As soon as they got there Dylan started praying for him and again like earlier that day he felt a lot better. You see the doctors told Dusatn on Friday that he only had 2 more days to live, but our God has BIGGER and BETTER plans for Dustan. We believe that Dustan is completely healed and the devil is not very happy! haha it just amazes me how God works sometimes! :)
As for today I am obviously just chilling this morning and sipping on some coffee, but this afternoon I will be helping the lady I babysit for clean her house! I am super excited because I am hoping to babysit and clean houses for some extra money.... ( i ended up not taking the job at Starbucks).... so anyways I know this is a little longer then norm. but I just wanted to share a little bit about whats been going on.

0 comments: