Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm 24!!!!

This year as my birthday rolled around I began to think about how blessed I am. In years past I was mostly excited because of all the things I was going to get, it was like I wanted people to celebrate my birthday all month long! I would start planning a month in advance and dream up ideas of things to do. This year was different, as I read more and more of the Word I realize how selfish I am. I wanted this birthday to not just be about me, but about how thankful I am that God has given me another day to wake up and praise Him, another day to be grateful for all that He has supplied Kyle and I with. This year I told everyone I didn't want a birthday party or to make a big to do about my "special" day and would you believe that this year has been better then last year?! God never ceases to amaze me!

Here are some verses that I would like to share:

vs.11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned to be CONTENT with whatever I have.
vs.12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. Philippians 4:11-12

We ALL need a reminder every now and again to be content with everything we have and thank God for all His many blessings he showers on us! :)

On Friday evening Kyle and I went to the Melting Pot for Dinner and had a fabulous time eating all 4 courses of our meal.... YUMMMY!!! When we left I was so stuffed, all I could think about was putting on my PJ's when we got home.

Kyle had a balloon on the mail box for me when I came home from work!!!

Cooking our meal!


My favorite part, the dessert platter!


Leaving the Melting Pot so full!


Kyle got me a new Orchid!


Our Family!! :)

0 comments: