Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Day


 Christmas morning we woke up to my sister and brother coming into the room with a music box playing, not to mention it was 6:00 A.M.! We crawled out of the bed and took a quick glance in the mirror, went into the family room to see what all "Santa" brought us, then we opened up presents from one another. After looking at everything, we ate a small breakfast, sausage balls, drank some coffee which was MUCH needed, then we started getting ready for church. Our service was filled with people ready to praise the Lord!



When church let out we headed to my grandparents and helped prepare brunch for everyone. Around 11:00 everyone started showing up then it was time to eat....we had the best brunch ever! My cousin Dylan wrote two poems that he wanted to read, one was more on the serious side and the other one was funny, he told stories from childhood. After that it was present time... we go in groups, the young ladies, young men, the women, the men, then my grandparents. Its always fun seeing what everyone got! Next stop was my parents to open gifts with my Granny, we were not able to join my side of the family for Christmas Eve this year so we wanted to be sure to spend time with her.

Dylan reading his poems with enthusiasm!










Explaining how to start the family tree.



This was such a fun activity to do. Each person had to put their thumb print and sign their name. As time goes on we will add to the tree.

For Dustan, Uncle Kenny, Aunt April, and Dylan put their fingerprints together to make a heart!



After resting for a bit we headed to Kyle's parents to eat a yummy Christmas dinner and open presents! We had such a fun evening watching to boys play and hanging out with each other on such a fun Holiday!



I love this!

SO SWEET!

Cole lovin' his new clothes!




Kyle's favorite store!




Looks like I will be making some cake pops!

Kyle and I could not have asked for a better Christmas. God is so good to us and always provides more then enough! Although we had an extremely fun filled Christmas, there is a few spots missing around each of our families table. I can not help but ache for the ones I love so dearly, but I do know that they are so happy rejoicing in the Lord! :) Merry Christmas Dustan, Dad G, and Da. Love you all and miss you!

0 comments: