Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Taco Salad?

Last night I wanted to make something quick and easy, but good. I went to Hendersonville Produce earlier that day to pick up my weekly items that I have to have. I am so thankful to have a store so close to us that carries such fresh ingredients! Here is how I made this yummy taco salad or should I say nachos..

1lb of meat- I use Hedersonville Produces grass fed beef! You can taste the difference! I didnt have a seasoning packet so I made my own. I used chili powder, cayanne, cumin, chopped onion, chopped jalapeno, salt, and pepper.

Black Beans- NO not from the can! I bought dried beans at HP and soaked them for a few hours and then cooked them and seasoned to taste. (you dont have to soak it just helps with the gas..lol!)

Chips- I used a brand called Miguel's its Organic 3 pepper tortilla chips. This put the nachos over the top!

Toppings: Lettice, Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa, and Avacodo.

All these ingredients can be found at Hendersonville Produce, yes even the sour cream, chips, and cheese!! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your post and yes, I love Hendersonville Produce too! <3