Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweet Valentines Day!

Kyle and I have enjoyed celebrating Valentines together for the past 5 years. We were thinking the other day about all our past Valentines and which ones have been our favorite. We came up with 2 different years that were our favorite!

Valentines Day 2006:
We celebrated the night in with my parents. My mom and I made a nice dinner and we ate by candle light. After dinner Kyle took me in my room and he had for me Lilly's a frame with a verse in it and he had also written me a very sweet poem! We had only been dating for 2 months by this time and I was soo excited to see how he felt about me in such an early stage in our relationship! :)

Valentines Day 2009:
Kyle and I were able to spend the whole day together and I planned for us to go horseback ridding. He had never been before so I knew it would be so much fun! We had a blast!! When we got back to my parents I made him homemade pizza, then he left to get our night set up. When he came to pick me up he wanted to blind fold me so I wouldn't know where we were going. When we finally arrived at our destination, he took the blind fold off of me and we were standing on his parents back porch. He had made me a beautiful dinner! Our day was perfect!! I'm not going to lie, I thought he was going to propose, but it wasn't until the summer that he popped the question on the beach! :)

Yesterday I wanted to start celebrating Valentines Day early, I made breakfast, lip pancakes and bacon! I woke Kyle up and we had breakfast in bed then started getting ready. Usually Kyle goes to work, but yesterday we closed on our house...yay were home owners!!! :) Kyle went on to work and I went home to start decorating for our fun night! When Kyle got home I had rose petals, candles, and dinner ready. I made steak, twice baked potatoes, and salad with a lemon poppeyseed dressing. For dessert I made molten lava cake with ice cream and strawberries. We were SO FULL!! Kyle got me 24 roses that are pink and red, chocolates, a coffee mug, and a card!! We had such a lovely night in. I am so thankful for my sweet husband!! :)









0 comments: