Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Parties!

My two grandmothers birthdays are in the same week and they both turn the same age... so this year we wanted to do something special for both of them. The first party was two Sundays ago... we had everyone come to our house right after church and our goal was for my grandparents to go change after church so that it would give people enough time to get here! Of course planing a surprise party couldn't be easy... they refused to go home first because they felt they wouldn't have enough time, so we asked them to pick up a few drinks instead. It worked out perfectly and my grandmother and grandfather were VERY surprised and everyone was able to make it! We ate a wonderful meal and had a great cake from a local bakery. We spent time together just talking and watching videos online... we all decided that this was much needed and should happen more often.

My other grandmothers birthday happened on the following Saturday. Her party wasn't a surprise but it was just as fun! We all meet at my house and had a Mexican fiesta... we LOVE Mexican food!! The meal was so delicious, my family sure does know how to make some good Mexican food! We all chatted, but mostly watched performances by all my cousins and sister. They love to make up dances and pretend that they are superstars.. they sing all the time!! It was great entertainment and was hilarious to watch all the different dancing styles that were going on, especially from the little girls. My brother also brought over 3 of his friends and they played the wii, Kyle got in on that while I just watched. I loved spending time with everyone and I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family!

0 comments: