Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas Time

Christmas was so fun this year, seeing the joy and wonder through Charlottes eyes was very special. On Christmas Eve, I made gluten free french toast and sausage for breakfast. I had planned on eating around the table with the fireplace in the background and chatting about our day, but little bit had different plans for us. Instead of fighting with keeping her in the highchair we packed up our breakfast and headed upstairs to her room. We may not of had the nice ambiance of the fire, but we had a nice breakfast in the floor of Charlottes room while she played. 

That evening we went to Crosspoint for service then to my Grannys for dinner and presents. Charlotte had a blast opening gifts and being around all the family. After we packed the car we headed to Connie's for more family time, desserts, and presents. :) We were so tired by the time we got to my parents but quickly remembered the night was not over.... we still had to put out Santa! 





Surprise money in the umbrella!

Ready for Charlotte! We couldn't wait!
On Christmas morning we read the Christmas story before heading down to rip open the gifts. Kyle got the video ready and then we all came down to see what Santa had brought for Charlotte. ;) She was so excited to see her little kitchen. We had such a sweet morning, I loved having my baby here this year.



Madeline got a CAR!


 Quick showers and a few hours later we headed to my grandparents for breakfast.... yep, breakfast! Everyone enjoyed watching Charlotte open her presents, they literally sat there and oohed and ahhed as she opened each gift. Can you tell there hasn't been a baby in the family for a while? Such a fun morning with family!

 That evening we went to Mark and Connies for dinner. Kyle and I were cracking up after each child had their own mini break down. Christmas can be overwhelming sometimes... and who wants to eat when there are presents to open?




Every year we have a scavenger hunt for the couples. This year at the end we found out we were ALL going on a Disney trip! Lets just say we were super excited! Another blessed Christmas for us, we enjoyed every minute with everyone.

The Lord is so good to us even though we do not deserve it. Grace has been a big word for me this year and I am still learning just how much God loves me. Although I will never fully understand I am so grateful for His unfailing presence in my life.


0 comments: