Monday, July 25, 2011

Like Finding Good Deals?

ME TOO!

I am obsessed with finding old objects and putting them in my home. My goal is to make our home feel as if you have walked straight up in a cottage from a magazine.... we still have a ways to go! I have lots of cost effective projects on my list and one of them is making all our "new" furniture look old.

This weekend Kyle and I ventured to the Nashville Flea Market to find some good ideas for his photography (www.kgcapture.com) and also to find some things for our house. We ended up leaving with some old mason jars that have a blue tint to them and one that is clear. I want to use them in a fall table arrangement... cant wait! :)
After we left the flea market we went to the Goodwill in rivergate to look in their furniture section. I found a super cute glass jar table lamp. I have been keeping an eye out for these, but they are so expensive! We found this one for 4 dollars and some change. I had some left over sand and seashells from our wedding that I put in the lamp and found a linen lamp shade at Target that I liked... I used a gift card. All together I spent about 5 bucks!



( The window pane you see on the wall I found at an Antique store in Florida... I got it for $10.00 and at the Flea market they were starting at $45.00!)

3 comments:

Adrian said...

I love it! I'm so in the mood to redecorate my whole house :) That's what 10 years of the same will do for ya :)

Laura said...

Thanks! I would be in the mood to redecorate too, but I am ALWAYS in the mood to decorate. I would just start collecting things and slowly get rid of the things you dont want. :)

Connie said...

This is so cute!! I must try to remember about the flea market and go through mags. for ideas. Great job!!