Saturday, December 18, 2010

How it all began


Looking back all the way to the beginning of my blog I realized that I came into this blogging world without any introduction. Almost 4 years later I would like to explain how I came up with the name of my blog, although it has recently changed.

The church that I attend is one that has much older character and not much contemporary music, but for that same reason I love it dearly. The majority of our singing can be found from the pages of a hymnal. I have many favorite hymns, but I chose one in particular to be the motto or slogan for the blog. Blessed Assurance, here are the lyrics...

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.

This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
angels descending bring from above
echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
watching and waiting, looking above,
filled with his goodness, lost in his love.

I named the blog "My Story" after this song and wanted to share the many seasons of life that I have gone through. Kyle and I teach the youth at our church and many times we have asked them, "Who do you think would have more fun, someone who is not saved or someone that is a Christian?" Most of the answers have been the person who is not saved, because they get to do whatever they want, party, drink, "have fun", etc. The answer disturbed both of us and since then have changed most of their opinions.

I think that is probably a perception that most people have before coming to know the Lord, that Christians are boring people that never have fun. I wanted to use this blog as a testament and show people/whoever that it's so NOT boring. The people that I surround myself with have more fun then anyone I know!!

Recently I have changed the name of my blog to "Our Story For His Glory". I am no longer on this journey of life alone, I have a husband that I get to enjoy it with. So now I will continue blogging about our family and ,hopefully, many additions God will give us in the future!!

**I would like to add that I am by no means a perfect person, but I find joy in knowing that I am a heir of salvation and purchased by God!! Isn't that so exciting?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Laura-How beautiful! I needed that today, just lifted my spirit. Thank you God for a daughter so precious.

Adrian said...

Beautiful post :) The title of your blog matches a friend of mine - it's their story of adoption and how the Lord continues to use little Nile, their son, to bring others to Himself. I love it!