Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weekend Getaway








Can I just say I am loving married life!?! It wasn't as easy to just pick up and go on a spur of the moment trip while we were dating as it is now! Two weekends ago my brother was going to Chattanooga to show the family the campus and to talk to the staff there so he could get ready for the new school year. Since my family has not had a vacation this year, because of the wedding, my mom thought it would be fun to make it a mini vacation!
On Sunday morning Kyle and I headed to my parents house to follow them to Chattanooga. That afternoon we arrived at the Ocoee River which is beautiful! Everyone that we went with had never been before so it was fun to see all the reactions. We had a blast White Water Rafting and afterwards were very hungry! By the time we were finished it was around 6:00 and we still had no place to stay for the night. Priorities first.... we HAD to find somewhere to eat! :) We all followed Kyle to downtown Chattanooga which seemed like forever away from where we were. We ate at TGIF and the food was awesome! After dinner my parents and I went to look for hotels while the guys drove around the city and looked at the campus. We found a place fairly quick... The Chattanooga Choo Choo and I swear the place is haunted! The first two rooms they gave us were so horribly scary that we went back down and told them we wanted our money back. They then put us in the newly renovated area which was MUCH nicer!
The next morning we all went down for breakfast and then explored all the Historic Hotel had to offer. They had gardens, shops, and a mini train station. My parents and all the guys needed to go look for apartments in the area, so Kyle and I decided to go to The Aquarium and we also took Madeline along with us. We had so much fun looking at all the neat things they had there. I took lots of pictures, but they are all on my moms camera and I am having a hard time uploading pictures! :( After the aquarium we ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant in the area and then headed home! We had such a fun weekend and I am looking forward to the next mini vacation!

** That Saturday we went to the drive in movies in Ky and we had a blast. The movies playing were Karate Kid and Eclipse... both were great, but I have to say Karate Kid was better!

0 comments: