Saturday, July 10, 2010

Meet Maple





As you see in the previous post we have a new addition to our family! A few weeks before our wedding Kyle called me on my lunch break and told me about puppies that went up for sale at our local humane society. Finding puppies at shelters are rare so I jumped on the chance and went straight there. He told me the one that he saw online and as soon as I saw her I didn't want to leave her there. We were able to go into a room and play for a bit, then I made my decision. I filled out the paper work, had a interview, and then she was ours!! I had to go back to work so I left her there and came to get her right after work. That night we went and bought all her things that she needed. Kyle and I have always known that we would get a puppy and even went looking around a while ago but never found one that we just loved until we met Maple. We are so happy to have her and we look forward to many more fun years ahead!! :)

A little background on Maple.... Her mom was dropped off at the Humane Society pregnant with Maple and I think 3 or 4 more sisters. The mom had them there and after 9 weeks they put them up for adoption. When I came to get Maple on my break there were 4 little ones including Maple and after work when I picked her up she only had one sister left. Hopefully they all found good loving homes as Maple did. We have also kept the Shelter updated with photos of her so they can see her progress. They get attached to these animals so they enjoy the photos.

** I am also happy to have her so that on nights like these I'm not alone!! : / (Kyle is shooting a wedding)

0 comments: