Friday, May 2, 2008

Soul Searching

Yesterday was finally my last day of school!! I felt like a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders as I walked out the doors! All that is left is the antcipation of the grade posting, not my favorite thing. This summer I will be doing some Serious soul searching on really what I am supossed to do in life. Suprisingly this semester did not really fulfill all the hopes that I had, while much was accomplished and my brain/knowledge was streched, for some reason something is missing. Trully I thought that design was what I wanted to do, but unfortunitly towards the end of the semester my thoughts has changed quite a bit. In school the creativity that people have are overlooked with all the technicalities of design. Design to me has always been a way to express your creative side, while still keeping in mind the saftey, and welfare of others. I had a talk with one of my teachers yesterday and she encouraged me to stay in the program reassuring me that everything was going to be ok and that I should move forward with the degree I had set out for. But after driving home, relaxing, and pulling all my thoughts together I asked myself where is God in all this planning I had made for myself, shouldnt He be the one that needs to be doing the planning for me??? WOW, maybe that is why this doesnt feel right, maybe that is why I feel like somethings missing! All that I really want is to completly be under the will of God, whether that means starting over in a new career path or going in the way of ministry whatever it may be I am willing!! Its totally NO fun going against what God already has planned for you; ya feel nothing but miserable. The verse that I hold on to is Jer. 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope, and a future. I know that God has great plans for my life and nothing but good will come out of all this, but until then I will wait patiently and seek His word.

1 comments:

Adrian said...

I'll be praying for you girl. I know that as you seek the Lord, He will show you His direction for your life. What an awesome step you are taking...looking back and seeking HIS will over your own. If you ever want to talk or just need a good listener...I'm there :-)