Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Atlanta!

This past weekend we took a spontaneous trip to Atlanta with two main goals, visit Ikea and find my sister a prom dress. Bright and early on Saturday morning we headed out and thankfully Charlotte slept half the trip.
Once in Atlanta we grabbed lunch and headed straight to Ikea! I was amazed and not expecting to find so many things I loved! It was overwhelming not only because of the size of the store, but also because I didn't have Kyle there to help with Charlotte and all my stuff. (you single mamas are amazing!) By the time we left I was EXHAUSTED, to say the least, so instead of going to the Lenox mall that evening with the family Charlotte and I got all cozy and stayed in the hotel to rest.


Selfie we sent to Daddy
 The next day we woke up early... thanks to my child. Once she was up everyone was up.... :) We all got ready for our day and ate breakfast. Before heading out we realized none of the places we wanted to go were open until 12. We had two hours that we did not want to waste so we took a vote between the Coke factory and the Aquarium and the Aquarium won!
Lindsey teaching Charlotte how to use a camera
 My camera phone is full so I was only able to take a few photos... I didn't have my photographer husband there to capture this fun day. :(
We got to see a dolphin show and Charlotte really enjoyed the whole thing... even clapped her hands and cheered!

She loved looking at all the fish.


SWEET....  

Soaking it all in like a sponge.
 During lunch we looked up some places to check out prom dresses.... first up was Cinderella Dresses. While we were at Cinderella a lady that worked there asked if I would let Charlotte try on a pageant dress, of course I didn't mind. Charlotte looked so cute and won the attention of many!
Looking in the mirror at herself.... such a big girl!
Many dresses later Madeline finally found the perfect dress! So happy for her! 

She said YES to the dress!

As soon as we finished we took the long trek home. It was a fun, but a very quick trip... next time I will need more time in Ikea!

0 comments: