Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Welcome Home Gift

Before leaving for New York Kyle and I had a slight idea that we might be expecting, but had no way of finding out since you have to wait before taking a test. I looked up information on flying while pregnant just to be sure and everything was good. Without going into too much detail I new that there was a 99.9% chance that it was true and was overwhelmed with how God was working in our lives. Kyle and I had already planned everything out the way we wanted, but God planted little Charlotte Jane right when He wanted. :) I cried and cried the day I realized how perfectly everything had been worked out without us even trying. I feel so blessed, God is always evident in my life even though I feel so underserving. Thankfully we headed out to New York soon after, it was a great distraction for us both!

The day after we got back from New York I went back to work and the whole day I could not wait to make my way to the store and pick up a test! Finally, I was able to stop by and get one.... I took it.... waited.... and then that word PREGNANT popped up! I was so excited I could hardly handle it. I went straight to the store and picked up a pink and blue balloon for Kyle and went home.

Kyle was in the bathroom shaving so I put the balloons on the bed and anxiously waited for him to come out into the bedroom. When he came out and saw the balloons he thought they were from the girls since it was my first day back to work.... the balloons were a major fail. It wasn't until I handed over the pregnancy stick that he realized what was going on. I think he was a little shocked that we were actually pregnant, all he could do was hug me and hold on. We celebrated and then took pictures making sure to document this super special moment!

That night we went to his parents for dinner with the family. Let me just say it was so hard keeping it all in. The secret didn't stay in long.... we ended up telling our family just 4 days later on Fathers Day. I was barely pregnant, but Kyle couldn't wait any longer.

On Fathers day we wrapped Papa and my dad, Poppy a small Dr. Sues book and wrote on the inside:
                Dear Papa, Please read this to me in February 2013! Love you bunches, Baby Gregory.

Kyle was able to record both of our families reactions. Kyle's family was shocked and excited but my family couldn't even speak! It seemed like it took my dad 5 minutes to read what the book said out loud. They were so surprised... they would always ask us when we were going to make some grand babies and Kyle and I made it seem like it would be a while, so they had NO clue!

Being pregnant/ being a mom is everything I ever have wanted and we feel so blessed that God chose us to parent Charlotte Jane. With it being our first, every symptom is new territory which has really brought Kyle and I closer then ever in our marriage. We are overjoyed with what is to come and can not wait to meet our sweet girl. :)

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows..." James 1:17










0 comments: