Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sips and Strokes





This past weekend I was invited to join a group of girls to go painting. I love being crafty and creative BUT I can not draw/paint. I was told that it was kind of like painting by numbers, but when I got there they gave me a blank canvas which was terrifying! The lady that started Sips and Strokes was our instructor and she was great! She walked us through everything and surprisingly all of our pictures turned out great. I have a few mistakes on mine, but for my first time I was pretty proud of the outcome. The environment there is very laid back... you can bring anything you want to eat or drink.. hence the name. I picked up some Starbucks before I came and next time I will make sure to bring water as well because we were there for a very long time! I am already looking forward to going back... maybe next month! :)

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Yes, next month! I'm already trying to get a group of girls together for my b'day. Join us!! I've looked at the paintings and the one I like is on a Tues. night (the cross on Sept. 21). It's Bible Study for many of us, but I don't see many other paintings that would match my decor/liking or my friends'. We'll see. . . I'll keep you updated!

Laura said...

Yeah I would love to come! I was actually looking at that one and the one on the very next day... its a landscape piece. That would be fun though... just let me know! :)