Thursday, October 16, 2008






Today has been a very cool and rainy day, in fact it just started raining really hard! Even though the weather isn't that great I have enjoyed being at home. I really needed to catch up on things that needed to be done a long time ago! Later this afternoon my family and I are going to attend Light the Night Walk, it is for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's. I have mixed emotions about this event, because we are doing it in memory of Dustan. Our family will be carrying gold balloons because Dustan is passed away, the other colors are red which stands for if you have beat cancer and white is for the people who are fighting it right now. it will be a great night and I'm looking forward to representing my cousin... I know he will be proud! :) I will upload some pictures later and explain how the night went.

This past Sunday my family decided to go on a camping trip to Cedars of Lebanon and we had so much fun! After church we went and grabbed some lunch and then headed to Lebanon. When we got there we found a spot, which turned out to be one of the best ones there, or at least we thought so, we set up camp, started a fire and by that time everyone was hungry again. My dad grilled some pork chops, we baked some potatoes on the fire and grilled some corn and then we heated up our baked beans... it was YUMMY! The potatoes were my favorite.. they were so soft! That evening we just sat around and talked while the guys went exploring in a cave.. lol you should have seen them when they got back!
The next day we woke up and ate breakfast, we had bacon, eggs, tater tots and toast! Then everyone, except for my dad, got dressed and headed to the cave. The cave was unlike any cave I have ever been in, it wasnt a guided tour or anything you just went in on your own. The whole cave was mud and the ceiling was a mixture of rock and mud... it was great , I loved it! It was definitely a work out though, we had to basically crawl the whole time, there were a few parts where you could stand, so that was nice. When we finally got out we were a mess, so we went and took some quick showers! After that we played some board games, ate lunch and then we packed up and headed home! Although the camping trip was nice and relaxing we were all exhausted when we got back! :( We had so much fun and I hope to go back soon!

1 comments:

MandaPaul said...

Were you not scared being a little space like that?? And my brother is wearing my sweatshirt! What a punk!