Saturday, December 6, 2008

My First Christmas in Heaven

My first Christmas in Heaven.

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
With tiny lights like Heaven's stars, reflected in the snow.
The sight is so spectacular; please wipe away your tears,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But their sound can't compare with the Christmas choir up here!
I have no words to tell you of the joy their voices bring,
It is beyond description, to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see your broken heart,
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
Thank you for your kindness, you know I hold you dear,
Be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ, this year.

I send to you a special gift from Heaven, my home above.
I send to you the memory of my undying love.
The gift of love is precious, more precious than pure gold,
And always most important, in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep those others, as my Father said to do.
I just can't count the blessings He has in store for you!
So have a merry Christmas, and wipe away that tear,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year!

My Aunt April posted this poem that a friend had sent to her and I thought it would be good to share. A lot of us have love ones who have passed away this year and even though it hurts these words bring such joy to my heart knowing that Dustan, Dad G, and Christa is spending their very first Christmas with Jesus.

0 comments: